New York workers’ compensation insurance typically pays you benefits while you are unable to work due to your work injury or illness. At The Law Offices of Lee S. Braunstein, P.C., serving Nassau County, Long Island and the five boroughs of New York City, New York, we help you with the often complex claims process, assist you if the insurance company has denied your benefits and work aggressively to maximize your benefits and compensation.
Workers’ compensation benefits can include:
- Replacement income that is usually a portion of your normal wages or salary
- Medical care or treatment for your injury or illness, including any necessary surgeries, physical therapy or psychiatric therapy or treatment
- Benefits for a permanent injury, even if there is no lost time from work
- Training to get you qualified for a new position if your injury or illness prevents you from returning to the same job
- Survivors’ benefits for the family of workers killed due to an injury or illness
We Help Undocumented Workers Receive Benefits
Did you know that workers’ compensation insurance covers undocumented workers in the event they are injured or suffer an illness due to work? Because this can be a complicated situation, if you are an undocumented worker who suffers an injury at work, you should contact our law firm and speak with a lawyer as soon as possible to find out what benefits you may be eligible for.
How Do I Know If I Am Eligible For Workers’ Comp Benefits?
Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance covers a range of benefits that you may qualify for if you are:
- Injured at work
- In an accident at work or while you were working
- Suffering an aggravation of a pre-existing condition due to work
- Experiencing a gradual work injury such as a repetitive stress injury
- Contracting an occupational disease due to your work conditions or type of work
How Do The Benefits Work?
You may be wondering when your benefits can start, how much money you will receive for replacement income and how long your benefits can continue. An experienced and aggressive workers’ compensation attorney can not only help answer these questions, but can help speed up the process and make sure you receive the maximum compensation possible.
With our no-fee promise, it costs you nothing out of pocket for us to represent you. Get the informed and sophisticated attorney you need by calling our office in Westbury today at 516-739-3441, or visit our contact page.